Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MAKEUP LESSON POLICY

STUDENTS AND PARENTS PLEASE READ!
I'm happy to answer followup questions, but I do ask that students and parents please read about this and my other policies before asking. I wish I had a helpful secretarial staff on the premises to answer questions for my customers, but I can't afford to pay them. Not yet, anyway!

Q. WHAT ARE YOUR POLICIES ABOUT MISSED LESSONS AND MAKEUPS?
>A. If I have to miss a lesson (this is rare, but happens once in a while),
I will do my best to provide you a makeup. I teach four lessons each month,
and when there are five Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays in a month,
I don't teach on the fifth. (This means i don't teach on the 29th, 30th, or
31st of the month. ) If I have missed a day, I will usually make it up on the fifth occurrence of that day.


(i.e. if I take off the second Wednesday, I make it up on the
fifth Wednesday. ) PLEASE NOTE- if I schedule a makeup for you, and you miss
the makeup lesson, I cannot reschedule the missed makeup lesson.
I charge students full tuition each month to be on my schedule, whether they miss lessons or not. There are no refunds for lessons that a student has to miss; if a student has to miss a lesson, I will do my best to schedule a makeup but makeups are not guaranteed. (Please note-- I can no longer do makeups for students who have dropped off my schedule. In other words, you can't miss a bunch of lessons, and then stop paying, and come free for a few weeks! Makeups, when I'm able to do them, are for CURRENTLY ENROLLED STUDENTS.)
(Taking lessons from me is similar to taking a college class-- you are paying for me to hold the slot open for you. Please note, my makeup policy is consistent regardless of the legitimacy of a student's reason for missing a lesson. I hope everyone reading this understands that I have this policy because of years of experience dealing with these issues-- I do know that people often have very good reasons for missing lessons. The problem is, when I was more flexible about this, people were constantly asking me for refunds. I worked at a teaching studio that went under, largely due to their unwillingness to enforce a strict policy. Unfortunately, I can't afford to operate that way anymore.)
If you tell me in advance that you'll miss a lesson,
I will be happy to try to find a makeup time for you, but makeups are NOT GUARANTEED . Makeups are subject to the vagaries of my schedule. (PLEASE NOTE- I cannot try to schedule a makeup lesson unless i hear from you 24 hours in advance that you will miss a lesson.)

No comments:

Post a Comment